Orange Village

"Incorporated in 1928, Orange is a village 15 miles east of Cleveland. Bounded on the north by Woodmere, on the east by Moreland Hills, on the west by Warrensville Heights, and on the south by Solon, it occupies 3.5 square miles. It was originally part of Orange Township, formed in 1820, which also included the modern communities of Moreland Hills, Woodmere, Pepper Pike, Hunting Valley, and part of Chagrin Falls Township. Serenus Burnett was the township's first settler, arriving in 1815. The name Orange honored the Connecticut hometown of several early settlers. By 1820, the population of the thriving agricultural community was almost 300. Before 1850, framed homes replaced log houses, steam sawmills and cheese factories developed into major businesses by the turn of the century. The main road, SOM Center Road, derived its name from Solon, Orange, and Mayfield Townships. The Hunting Valley, Moreland Hills, Pepper Pike, Woodmere, and Orange public schools have consolidated into the Orange School System. Actually located in Pepper Pike, the Orange Branch of the Cuyahoga County Public Library System served Orange, as well as other neighboring communities." -Orange Village

More Neighborhoods

All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing broker(s) nor this office shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless. © 2020 Centralized Real Estate Information Services, Inc. All rights reserved. Information last updated Mar 30, 2020 10:43:am